1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

08 Hustler Super-Duty 48"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by freedm2, Mar 14, 2008.

1. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Does anyone know if the new Hustler SuperDuty series is worth the extra $1K over the standard FasTrack? I know this is subjective.

I'm looking at the 48". The only differences best I can tell is.

1. Larger Kawi - 19 to 23HP
    2. Larger wheels and tires
    3. Better air cleaner
    4. Option for ROPS.

Are there any other differences as far as the mechanicals. Does Hustler still use those plastic pulley idlers on the FasTrack models?
  2. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

freedm2 I just bought the 54" super duty and the differences are as you listed. The idler pulleys on the regular fastrak are plastic but the ones on the super duty are steel. Compare the the mowers in that price range and see what you think. I think the Hustler is the way to go.
  3. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks - That's the type of information I'm looking for. Things that arean't listed on the site but are stronger, more commercial in quality. I'm hoping the Hustler rep will chime in the list.
  4. mtwcutt

mtwcutt LawnSite Member
    from OKC, OK

You may put this on the Hustler page. The rep monitors it regularly.
  5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

so I contacted hustler....and they are interchangable with their metal ones. So next time one breaks I'm going to upgrade all 3 to metal. My mini Z has metal ones.
  6. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

the super duty also has a 2 year commercial warranty whereas the regular fastrak has a 1 year for commercial usage.
  7. freedm2

freedm2 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thanks everyone. This helps.

What are you thoughts on a Ferris 1500IS over the SD FastTrack?

The ferris weighs alot more. The Ferris has separate pumps/motors, ROPS, and a suspension standard. Given the sale prices the Ferris can be had for about $500 more than the Fastrack.
  8. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

For $500 difference I would go with the Ferris. I never look at Ferris due to their very high prices, but it is definately worth looking at for that kind of difference. Neither is popular here in this area at all, but I bet the Ferris is more comfortable.