08 the ultra cut is back joan sabara.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by juspayme, Jan 1, 2008.

1. juspayme

juspayme LawnSite Senior Member

Happy new year, the best thing about the new year is that you can now get the ultra cut deck, the king of all decks, on the lazer z with a 27 kohler. No more triton deck games and 16 trips back to the dealer to get kits and kits for the kits to get the grass to discharge right. The forefathers of exmark built the ultra cut deck and when toro bought exmark, they thought they could build a better deck called the triton.::dizzy:
    Some may be satisfied with the triton. Thats cool. But exmark is bringing back the ultra cut deck cause they are tired to losing marketshare to other companies. Exmark should have offered the ultracut deck on the lazer z along with the triton. we are the customers you know.:hammerhead:
    Im just happy because i must buy a new mower this year, and i didnt know what i was going to do. i need a 27 60 with a good deck. i have a 25 60 2000 model with 2600 hours on it. its been bounced over a million curbs, flipped by co\workers twice and keeps goin. a machine of all machines.
    now if exmark could run some air condition vents. we'd be livin!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know about all of that "they thought they could build a better deck called the triton" business. Toro has owned Exmark for quite some time, since probably before the UltraCut if I remember correctly. Exmark is run as a seperate business from Toro and Toro likes it that way.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds plausible, but then I haven't owned either Exmark or Toro !!

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

The facts are really, Toro has fired all the head office of the original exmark and replaced them with toro guys. The decks are now made in the same shop.
    The ultra cut was on the decks just before the buy out.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Toro has taken everything from exmark.toro has over the years taken over the exmark company to the point i look at exmark now as toro. Not good.

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

It doesn't matter to me anyway. I have my eye on a certain stainless steel 56" mower.

7. John Gamba

from ct

Happy new year Richard:waving:

8. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I thought the Advantage series had the Kohler 27 or Kaw 28 and the Ultra cut deck?

9. John Gamba

from ct

It does.52,60 & 72"

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

That also sounds more interesting anyways too...

eXmarks and NC turf don't mix anyways.