09 Lazer Z's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mybowtie, Jul 6, 2008.

1. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Was talking to a Distributor(sp) sales rep. He sells Exmark, echo ect...Told me the 09 Lazer Z will be a 1 peice pump/motors.. Also told me the deck is changed also..not call the triton anymore(wonder why??:rolleyes:). Going to have a suspention "simmular to but different" then the bad boys(his words)...Told me there are around 60+ units out being feild tested. Anyone see one yet??
    Sorry If this is old news or wrong Info. Just repeting what I was told...Did a search, but didnt find anything.......:usflag::usflag:

2. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

I sure hope your dealer is telling the truth. It's about time they fix their Triton platform, and start equipping suspension.

3. mybowtie

from NY

Wasnt a dealer....was a sales rep for a distributor. Met him at a July 4th party in Maine this weekend. He agreed the triton deck wasnt one of there best designs...lol. I asked him if the new deck was a hybred of the ultracut/triton. He said it was all new.... Seemed to me he didnt want to come rite out and say the susp was like the bad boys.........Only time will tell:usflag::usflag:

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like I'll be staying away until they get the bugs worked out. If they have a one piece pump/wheel motor I will stay away indefinitely.

5. mybowtie

from NY

I did ask if the pumps motors were able to be replaced seperatly, and he wasn't sure. If the whole unit has to be replaced you wont be the only one staying away.............:usflag:

6. ATouchofGrass

ATouchofGrass LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

A one peice pump.. Totally worthless and prolly more expensive.

7. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Personally, I think the current Lazer Z AS with the Ultracut deck is the best Z they offer.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i like the triton deck on our 08 compaired to our ultra cut decks on the other mowers...i have a buddy who bought 2 07's and he cant keep the pumps in them...i dont know how he runs them but they are in the shop alot

9. timber132007

timber132007 LawnSite Member

There was a thread a while back about a redesigned Lazer Z being offered with a 38hp Cummins diesel. It would be interesting to know what engine configurations will be offered with the new design. Maybe someone could provide more details on what is going to be offered.

10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Sounds like the kanzaki pumps on john deere z tracks. Isn't it like a better version of the hydro gear zt2800? I would like to see a new 46-48" deck on the hp.