1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

'09 Wright Stander or '10 Wright Stander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by truckn, Apr 1, 2010.

1. truckn

truckn LawnSite Member

The dealership has a '09 listed at 700 under retail and I could probably talk them down. Is the new one that much better that I should pay the extra for it? It's a 23HP Kaw 52" cut BTW. Also what's the new groundspeed going to be on the new ones?

2. truckn

truckn LawnSite Member

Bump for opinions.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have other standers already? Might want to go with the old one as the parts similarity is gone between old/new. If this will be your only Stander, then the choice is pretty much up to you.

4. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we have 4 old standers and one new one, like said above, but if you havea choice, the ride alone on the new ones is super worth it. the blades are different on the new ones, but the old ones would work still with more spacers.

5. truckn

truckn LawnSite Member

This will be my first Stander. I have a 48" Bobcat W/B on it's last legs. I'm tired of walkbehinds and nearly every one of my accounts has a grade that is too steep for ZTRs.

6. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Well, I gotta tell you, granted yesterday was my first real day of mowing with my new stander, but I am not that impressed with it on hills... I'm not ready to give up just yet, I'm sure there's a learning curve, but at certain times I was sure wishing I would have bought a W/B instead!

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I demoed a regular Wright stander. It went strait up hills very well but didn't do very well across the slopes.

8. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

What did you pay for it, and which one did you go with?

9. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

You have to lean to one side or the other. It makes a big difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

I think it was 6300, 19hp 52" RH