$1,000,000 coverage in NY to spray pesticides?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jim163, Jan 19, 2006.

1. jim163

jim163 LawnSite Member

Im taking the class to get certifeid and today we briefly went over INSURANCE, actually all we talked about is just this

Insurances

300,000 individual
    1,000,000 per incident bodily injury
    300,000 property damage

Does anyone know if thats standard if you want to spray pesticides or is that for commercial, because if thats the standard im goin to chemlawn and putting sugar in all their gas tanks, it will be my only chance. Not to mention I can't find anyone who offers insurance for this! Roughly how much would this cost?

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

I run a fert only business and this is what I ended up with, I did more than the minimum just to be safe with the commercial work and my warehouse, etc

bodily injury/propery damage
    1,000,000 per occurrence
    2,000,000 aggregate
    1,000,00 aggregate for products - completed operations hazard

Medical expense 5,000 per person
    fire legal liability 50,000 per occurrence

herbicide and pesticide 1,000,000 per occurrence (this is additional rider specific to my business)

contractors tools, equipment and building materials
    (On premises, Off premises, In Transit) 5,000 per item
    25,000 per occurrence

500 deductible

On a side note--I have an additional policy to cover equipment valued over 5,000 dollars called inland marine

Also, you notice that my stuff is covered on premises, off premises, in transit--someone in here wrote that they had a trailer stolen from job site and it wasnt covered--make sure you have the wording right to be covered wherever you have your equipment.

without the inland marine policy -- the insurance is not as much as you may think, if you want more specifics PM me or email me at bbeaudry@christmasdecor.net

I can give you my guys name, he is far from you. But he might be able to put you in the right direction.

hope this helps

Bryan