1/2 acre lot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Organix, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Organix

Organix LawnSite Member

OK for once I got a bid on the size of lawn that many of the people on this site do. I am sorry I don't know the exact square footage, but I figure many of you would have an idea on how much you would charge on a home that sit's on half acre lot. It is mostly lawn besides a few beds. Typical 2 story 2000 sq ft house or so. What kind of per cut charges on similar homes. Keep in mind it is on a pretty steep grade.

The deal is she wants it mowed every other week but wants to come every week and trim and what not on the off weeks. Trying to figure a fair bid for something like that.

Any ideas?

2. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) First off, I don't do bi-weekly cuts, come April youll find out real quick why, grass will be 8" or taller in two weeks in early spring, thats the first thing id talk to her about, If she can't understand that then ide be moving on.......just the truth...but if she lets you cut everyweek sounds like with the hill you could still get in knocked out in a hour....Id charge around 65.00....Marks Mowing Service

3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Ca mowing is probably a lot different than IN mowing.

But here, I'd go $55:confused: first week, then $25 the next for a minimum.

What zone is sac, Ca? About a 3? Your spring time growth is probably a lot sooner than zones 4-5.