1,260 Pounds!

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Brian B, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

the other day one of my customers asked me if i would like some wood and i said well yeah, ill take it. it looked ok. some of it was rotted but there was what appeared to be good wood underneath it. well i got there to take it and it was all termite infested! being the nice guy that i am i took it anyway and took it the dump today. the only thing is that to dump it cost me $41.55. which i thought was a little high. they charge $50.00 a ton. i have a Chevy 2500 HD and all the wood together weighed 1,260lbs and it didnt squat even the littlest bit and it didnt even feel like there was anything even back there.:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

just thought id brag a little lol :waving: :drinkup:
  2. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Sorry to burst your bubble. But, thats not much weight. I see guys carring around 2 pallets of sod all day long in their 3/4tons. and thats bouat 5000-6000lbs.

Safe: NO.
    Legal: NO
    Will it work: For a little
    Do I Recommend it? NOOOOOO

Again, I am not recommending to do this, because again, it is not legal, and it isnt safe.
  3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

we carry about 3K in ours.
    that's about the most we will haul.
  4. Brian B

Brian B LawnSite Senior Member

i realize that its not all that much weight compared to what some guys haul. lol. i just kinda wanted to see what people would say and stuff. i know that it could haul thousands pounds more

by the way 200TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool2: :clapping: :jester: :)
  5. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

i carry 1500lbs in my half ton, doesnt squat.m 3/4 should be no problem,
  6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, I have done a lot more that that before. About 3K. I don't do that every day.
  7. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I have pulled a 4x8 trailer with a yard of aggregate(2300lbs+).....

with my garden tractor!!!
    As for my truck, upwards of 2 yards and last winter, a sander with 2 yards+ of sand. I'm sure that was safe...
  8. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Best combined load I've done is 1 pallet sod in the bed and 2 in the trailer (trailer = 2500 lbs empty, 10kGW dump).

Otherwise just loading up my trailer 7-10k lbs..........sometimes +
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Weighed in at the dump yesterday at 2800lbs of wet leaves in my 3/4 ton truck. Let me tell you a dump is in the near future.