1-800-homedepot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jackelope68, Feb 5, 2007.

1. jackelope68

jackelope68 LawnSite Member

I was in the local Home Depot today and saw a sign saying " We can cut your grass" I asked the person behind the counter and she said to call the 800 number. I called the number and the operator knew nothing about this service. He said they only did design services. Does anyone know anything about this.It would really surprise me if they were getting into dealing with grass cutting

Dan

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

seems to me someone mentioned this a few months back... or maybe they said they heard there was an idea about it.

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Up here HD is into a lot of different things. I rent portable toilets from the for my jobsites. You call the 1-800 number and tell them what you want. They forward you to a company that they contract to for the service. The company bills you directly and HD gets a cut of the money. Garbage bins, toilets, roofing, painting, garage doors, windows and on and on. I tried to get the toilets directly from the HD contracted company and they wouldn't give me any kind of deal. Only a matter of time until they sub every type of service.
    You might want to jump in on the ground floor and approach HD to see you they will contract with you...... If you are big enough to offer the discount they will want.

4. metrolandscaping

metrolandscaping LawnSite Member

I can tell you that up in Minnesota that they dont mow grass or sub it out. I just put a bid on 3 of them that we landscaped last fall and they have a property management company that takes care of the services. I have a hard tme believing that if they had subs that did it we would have got the account today!!!!!!!!:clapping: :drinkup:

5. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

This is for their customers and not their own grass.

6. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

I work part time at home depot in the inside and outside garden departments and I have never heard anything like that, atleast for my area!

7. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I haven't heard anything about it here in my area!!!!