1-800-lawn-care

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by goose, Apr 18, 2003.

1. goose

goose LawnSite Member

Is anyone using this marketing device or do you know anyone that is. Please respond or email me at GOOSEGEAR@AOL.COM
    Goose

2. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

There is a landscape co. in my area that uses that or something like it, I don't remember......... Lehigh Lawns& Landscaping.... in Wappinger Falls, NY
    If I see their # today, I'll check out exactly what it is for you.........
    Try some of the online directories to find what # is being used by who..... do a reverse lookup.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I looked into doing that before, but I just thought that the cost that would be involved in it just wasn't worth it at all.

I think a lot of times too though that customers like to see a local number on a trailer or truck and then they know that the LCO is located in the city or surrounding city. Because with the 800 number you don't really know where they are from unless the city is posted on their vechiles.

4. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

We use that number. It has been a great addition to our marketing plan.

5. strickdad

strickdad LawnSite Senior Member

i dont see how anybody can use it. l-a-w-n c-a-r-e is 8 letters, phone numbers are 7. as far as 800 numbers, it is not a very good techinque unless you have mutiple branches. people like to think they are hiring a trusted local co. not a fly by night out of town co. the 800 number leaves the impresson that you are from out of town, unless you are a widley reconized national co.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This number IS being used already, by a company right here in Flint, Michigan. (Emerald Lawn & Landscape) He's had it for just a couple of months now. As far as the number being too many digits, that is correct, but the last letter is on just for aesthetic purposes to complete the word. When the extra digit is dialed, (the 3), it has no effect.

7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Each to their own. I strongly believe people want to know the people they do business with are local and will give them the "personal attention" they need rather then some large franchise or chain. If you are a local company and happen to have an 800 number then people will be fine with that.

Gravely_Man

8. BUSY BEE NUSERY
    by my house uses
    1-800-LANDSCAPE

New owner for this year
    just got the number this year.

They put the following on there markee

"Free Estimate
    Call
    1-800-LANDSCAPE"

9. I think they want $400 a month for that number, and they can sign many contractors to it. That means you have to split leads.

www.realgreen.com

10. Mueller Landscape Inc

Mueller Landscape Inc LawnSite Senior Member

Actually the way it works is you buy zipcode's. They do not allow you to pick and choose. All the zip codes must be in the same area and connected. When a customer calls the number, they are prompted to enter their zip code and then the call is forwarded to the contractor. When you call the number, the impression that you get is that you are calling a "first class" company that has it together. Your companies image is what keeps you above the lowballers in this industry.

The point of 800 number is that it is easy to remember and it keeps people from searching the phone book and other ads. Many people tend to be spontaneous when they are ready to buy. If they are not shopping price, they will usually buy from the first contractor that they are impressed with. The 800 number is simply another link in the chain that helps to bring in that type of customer.