1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1-800-LAWNCARE, Worth it or not?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pyranha, Jul 23, 2008.

1. pyranha

pyranha LawnSite Member

Anyone a member with 1-800-Lawncare and if so what is the cost and how well has it worked for you?
  2. UpNorth

UpNorth LawnSite Member
    from NE,US

I am not a member so i cant comment on the cost, but the one main problem I see with it is that it seems you are locked into that phone number forever. What I mean is...lets say you grow your business using that phone number and in 5 years you don't want to pay for the service. What happens? You get rid of it, but your biggest competitor can now pay real green and reap the benefits of your previous marketing. Make sense?
  3. colawn

colawn LawnSite Member
    from co

Don't do it. I took over a company that had this number. Very expensive and no worth. Trust me unless you want to throw away money don't do it. You still have to advertise whether you use them or not. Why pay to advertise someone else's business.... Good Luck just remember DON'T DO IT... I have many reasons but don't have time to discuss right now.
  4. pyranha

pyranha LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice and the time. Good luck with all.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

i have not heard anything good about it!