1-800 phone number?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by HazellLawnCare, Dec 5, 2004.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering moving to a new market. What I am wondering is do any of you have a 1-800 number so people can call toll free? If you do what does it cost you?

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

you pay for the incoming calls, per minute, and the 800 number is typically a forwarding alias into your standard phone line. call your local telco's commercial services and they can give you the costs over the phone.

when you say "moving to a new market", do you mean "expanding our service coverage"?

3. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, I am planning on working in another area next spring. I am just considering all of the advertising and pros and cons of working in another area.

4. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

What would be the pros? To travel to a whole different area code?

Well I guess I understand because if I had a rig like you all I would want to do is drive!

5. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

ive been pondering the same thing for a few months now. i think it would look real nice on the trucks if i got a vanity 800 # and the website underneath.....

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I have one and most of my work comes from it . But that is becouse of the area I work in is in a diff. area code

Mac

7. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I used one of the Big name long distance company until a few years back. I found one of those no name long distance company's and thought I'd give it a try. I now pay .07 a minute and that includes my toll free number. Since having this service my long distance bill has never been over $7.00 a month.

works for me.................

can give you the info on this company if you want to look into it.

8. o-so-n-so

o-so-n-so LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

Here is the info on that service.

Its at 4.9 cents a minute billed on 6 sec increments with a toll free service. Go to my web site and sign up....its easy.

www.everdial.com/msherrilljr

It will save you some bucks.