$1.99 Gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Jun 27, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

Here in the Kansas City Metro area a local radio station is having a promotion for a concert their going to put on. There are several gas stations that are going to have $1.99 unleaded gas. Im an happy for this event.payuppayuppayuppayup
  2. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Buy a huge container, maybe 100 gallons, and buy all you can get.
  3. KCfireman

I should go buy a 9500 gal. tanker truck and fill that baby up.
  4. jkason

jkason LawnSite Senior Member

Up here in CT, one of the local stations runs a promo every once in a while.

$0.99 a gallon!! (regular gas only)
    I think it has something to do with their position on the dial (99.1 FM).

Last time they did it (in New Haven), traffic was backed up for the entire length of their promo (4 hours, I think). Started really early, too. Like 5:00 AM. And they had 8 Pumps running.
  5. KCfireman

Thats even better. Sometimes when they have to change to price at the pump they mess up and the price and make it like $1.35.
  6. Yater

Yater LawnSite Senior Member

It's sickening that gas was $.87/gallon in 2000 around here. That's what....500% increase in 8 years?
  7. KCfireman

sounds about right. I wish it was still like that.
  8. xpnd

xpnd LawnSite Senior Member

I remember when gas was .29.9 and a eight ounce bottle of Coke was .05 and you had to drink it on site or give the gas station .02 deposit they would lose when the picked up the empties. Guess that shows my age.
  9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Was this sometime between the invention of fire and the wheel?
  10. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

I can do even better. I remember riding my bike to the gas station with a gallon gas can and a quarter to get gas to fill my dad's lawn mower to go up and down the street to mow my nieghbors lawn's for $2.50 each (I know you're all gonna call me a lowballer). Every so often the stations would get into gas wars and I would see the price go down to .16, .17 cents a gallon.
    We also used to go around and find those pop bottles and cash 'em in for enough money for some candy or comic books.