$1.99 Gas!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Petr51488, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Wow, never thought i would see it again, but the price war between the two stations dropped one of them to 1.99. I filled up for 2.06 today then just a few hours ago, i drove past them again and the other was at 1.99. I'm now happy with the price of gas, but the lower the better! Average prices around here are 2.25 cash for regular, and 3.09 cash for diesel. They should drop again tomorrow.

2. Green Machine Mowing

Green Machine Mowing LawnSite Member

this happend the last election

the second this election gets over, it will start creeping its way back up, so fill ever tank and can that you have before then!!!

3. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Thats good! Gas prices continue to drop. $2.63 for 87. $3.29 for Diesel.

4. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

We are still overpriced at 2.30 here.....
    Has a ways to drop yet...stations are taking some profit on the way down.

Too bad the price drops when the mowing season is almost kaput....I'd love to store up a tank load over winter at these prices but of course can't do that.

5. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

Regular gas is $2.69 to $2.89
    Diesel fuel is $3.49 to $3.89

The news reports say we're slightly higher than the national average...THEY LIE !!!

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

$2.25 gas/$2.99 diesel. We will probably be under $2.00 for gas in a couple weeks.

7. lot0210

lot0210 LawnSite Member

Believe it or not the truckstops just down the road from me has gass at 2.50 a gal (a truckstop of all places)

8. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the $700 billion buy out plan was a tax pay off for oil companys to calm the economy down. They called it a buy out because they had to trick us into thinking our taxes were getting used else where.
    Think about it. No matter what happens, ever! The price of gas is the one thing people complain about. Get rid of that, get rid of the crysis in 95% of peoples minds.

9. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

This is rotten. We still have $3.00+ gas. Someone is raking in the cash!

10. grasswhacker

grasswhacker LawnSite Gold Member

Now we need to drill for our own oil to keep us from getting into this quandry again, while exploring alternative energy sources.