1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1 acre just cut price

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by siklid1066, May 5, 2008.

1. siklid1066

siklid1066 LawnSite Member

How much does one charge to cut one acre?In the NY area.
  2. DillonsLawnCare

DillonsLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

i cut an acre for $50.00
  3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, I'd LIKE to get 60 and I've tried for many years and 60 really IS what an acre should go for...
    But, I get 50 :laugh:
    Sometimes 55.
  4. TarheelTLC

TarheelTLC LawnSite Member

I get $35 and people are upset about it. Other guys charge $50 in the area but because I am not a big company they think it will be for nothing. I work in NY on my other job sometimes maybe I need to move.
  5. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I think it would depend on the acre.. lots of beds/walks to edge or trimming to do? I have a lawn that's about 36,000sf that I charge $75 because of the aforementioned.
  6. Saltydawg

Saltydawg LawnSite Member

If the acre was a nice, clean, flat piece of lawn without any obstacles I'd do it for 40.

If it's littered with trees, plants, and flower beds the price goes up simply cause it takes longer.
  7. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I got one word for both of you guys LOWBALLA. I barely let the trailer gates down for 35.
  8. Saltydawg

Saltydawg LawnSite Member

I will wave hello to you as you drive by.

A clean acre of grass takes less than 30 minutes to cut and be loaded and headed to the next job.
  9. Lawnut101

Lawnut101 LawnSite Silver Member

For one acre I'd probably chare about $50-65 depending on obstacles. But for multiple acres it goes down.
  10. DuallyVette

DuallyVette LawnSite Gold Member

When you talk about a one acre lawn, are you talking about an acre of grass, or is one acre the total property counting the driveway, house, natural areas, etc.?