1 Acre mowed for 30 Dollars

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BLS 2002, Mar 12, 2009.

1. BLS 2002

BLS 2002 LawnSite Member

LARGE LAWNS MOWED CHEAP up to 1 acre $30, 2 acres $50.

So I was browsing the classifieds in our local newspaper today and I saw this add which kinda blew me for a loop... Can you guys believe this??? I even went to the guys website and emailed him about his low prices! I told him that my minimum is 35$ and if he doesn't change his pricing characteristics he's going to go bottom up. Also told him to email me if he wanted some consultation ::)

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I just think that's kind of uncool to call someone else over their business practices.

3. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

agreed....

4. BLS 2002

BLS 2002 LawnSite Member

So now I'm the bad guy - I'm sorry, but there's no way someone can make it in this area for that. I can tell this is the guy's first year and I'm actually hoping he emails me back so I can help the man out.

5. WeCare-LawnCare

WeCare-LawnCare LawnSite Member

your upset because your 5 bucks more? Maybe he can tell you how to run a tighter ship, to be more competitive!!

6. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

I also have a 35 min but i dont think his prices are all that far off. I can do 2 acers in 30 min with my z.

7. Carolina Cuts

no one said "You're" the bad guy... just saying.... why waste your time contacting the guy.
    And... no, sorry, I highly doubt you really want to help a local run his business better. Very few would wanna see their competition do well.

You think Walmart VP's are calling up Target's VP's to give em' some advice???

8. BLS 2002

BLS 2002 LawnSite Member

You think Walmart VP's are calling up Target's VP's to give em' some advice??? LOL - True

I just think those prices are ludicrous - it's my opinion... thought some of you would get a kick out of it because I did. Looks like it backfired :)

9. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you don't think he is going to be making money then don't worry about him. You should be worrying about yourself and consentrating on your business.

10. Carolina Cuts

keep in mind... you've got 25 posts....

hearing about the low low prices is a daily thing, sometimes hourly, NO, sometimes by the minute 'thing' around here...

Not much you can do about it.... try not to sweat it.... just stay focused on YOUR work, ya know??? No big deal.....

Keep rockin' on.....