1 Awesome Boss + 1 Stupid Boss = What would you do?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, Dec 29, 2012.

1. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I work for a company who has 2 owners, one is really cool, (the guy who actually started the company) easy to get along with, and is quite reasonable, and the other owner joined later on and is really stupid and an ******* (I'll get to details in a moment). I love my job, but I'm getting to the point where I'm just sick of this guy. And the nice owner complains about the guy a LOT.

So I ask: Would you stay with this company because of the nice boss? or leave and quit putting up with the other bitchy owner?

When the cool boss makes a decision, if the bitchy boss doesn't like it, he over-rides it.
    Like whenever I talk to him, or ask him something, he uses an arrogant tone, and tries to make it seem like he's/his possessions "better" than everyone else, calls me his ***** on a regular basis behind my back (the cool boss tells me about it), makes fun of me. He will never admit he's wrong, even when it's blatantly obvious. And once, he moved my truck, and hit a plow, denting the bumper, the cool boss told me about it, because the bitchy owner said to keep it a secret. I called him on the phone with the cool boss next to me as the bastard said "If I ever hit anything and messed up your truck, I would tell you about it."

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  2. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I hope you went to the authorities when he damaged your truck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

This is the reason I don't work for others. I hate to say it but you may need to look elsewhere next spring.

4. CowboysLawnCareDelaware

CowboysLawnCareDelaware LawnSite Senior Member
    from DE

Tell him that you respect him as a person(even though you don't) but you disagree with all of his business decisions and only take orders from the cool owner. Also ask the cool owner if he would consider buying out the other owner, or if you want to and can afford it, it may be a great idea to jump ahead in the business.

-Michael

I hope your bumper isn't dented too bad, only family is allowed to sit in my driver's seat.

5. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

I just found out a few days ago. I'm still trying to get him to just admit he did it. He has no idea that my nice boss told me already.

I want him to just pay to fix it. I don't want to bring the cops involved

6. Exmarkboy13

Exmarkboy13 LawnSite Senior Member

get the hell out of there...

7. RodneyK

RodneyK LawnSite Senior Member

Was in the same boat and held on for years. It was a waste of my life. Either the cool owner buys him out or you should leave.

8. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

I would leave. That place is going no where.

9. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Coddling the feelings of others so as NOT to offend their self-esteem and other politically correct foolishness is the very reason this "Bad Boss" exists...

The ONLY bad boss I had to tolerate was the Marine Corps soldiers who outranked me, but that was only until I got them accountable for being jerks... Very few jerks in the Marine Corps when I was there,,, who knows how that turned out in this generation...

My point is: Don't be afraid to call a Spade a Spade!!! Man up,,, this culture a little bit and maybe these little beaches, may grow to be something more along the lines of a wise human someday...
    As long as we play brown-nose with jerks, we will always encorage these jerks to continue being jerks,,, and you will be nothing more than a boot-licker yourself...

10. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i'd look for another job, it doesn't sound like its worth the headache. i would have gotten the police involved at the moment i heard about the incident. i wouldn't wait on that. but thats just me...