1 Drop spreader + 1 Homeowner = 1 New *EASY* Sale!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RjCjR, May 7, 2004.

1. RjCjR

RjCjR LawnSite Member

How do you guys usually fix this problem?!

This is what I do:

1. Wait another week to see if it goes from bad to worse.
    2. Apply my fert in the opposite direction w/ my broadcast
    spreader
    3. Tell them to water!

This method seems to work fine for me.

drop2.jpg

2. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

RjCjR

That one is a hard call. Has more to do with the customer's ego. Is the house your mowing customer?? If so then talk to the wife went her husband isn't there.

If the guy is not your customer then tread lightly. Every neighborhood has that do-it-yourself-er who does-it-all- wrong. By not selling him service, he is your best advertisement. Some times it is better to talk with the neighbor and find out if what the guy is like. If you hear he is Flaming ****** then stay away.

Your business success can depend on who your customer are, as well as what kind of service you give.

3. RjCjR

RjCjR LawnSite Member

I treat/mow the property I took the picture FROM. I noticed this guy's masterpiece from across the lake. I've fixed misapplications for people like this before by doing their next app in the opposite direction.

When I talked to the man, he said it was his first attempt at fertilizing and was embarrassed.

I was just wondering how other people "fix" these...

I've heard some people try to "fill in" the missed areas with a drop spreader but personally, I'd be afraid of that....

4. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

we usually go in two directions 1 at a 90 and the other at a 45 just for more even spreading. Hopefully you get this for a full time customer.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

On hills alway go across. Gravity will fill in the misses. You can go light on the bottom of the hill or slope. Everything runs down hill any way. Same on plants, always fert the high side if they are on a slope