1 Estimate of the year

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ocean Side, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Ocean Side

Ocean Side LawnSite Member

Well I just my first multi service estimate of a 1/2 property, the property is littered with pine tree's, There wasn't any clean up done in the fall, so you can only imagine. I quoted 400 for a clean up, the owner thought that was reasonable, quoted 100 for 100' of bed edging, he didn't say anything about that. The dark mahogany mulch though he thought was allot installed at 75, and I would be taking out the old as well at that rate. It is a 5yard job, am I to high? what are some thoughts? I don't want to start in the habit of cutting down prices when I could do it for 65 a yard and still be doing OK. Thoughts would be great!

2. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I'd say you look ok (only you know how much work the cleanup really is) except for the mulch. If I'm reading that right at $75/yd, I think you are too low if you are including removing all the old mulch in that price.
    It's alot of work removing all that old mulch.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

So are you charging 375 to install 5 yards and another 375 to take away 5 yards of old. If you are charging 750 for all of the mulch then you would be ok. If you are charing 375 to do both you are to low. IMO.