1% Fe on weed & feed

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PR Fect, Mar 20, 2003.

1. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, this is my first time on this site. I run a small lawn service. In our forth year. I want to improve our granular fert application line. I have been looking over pricing list and working out a good cost per 1,000 sq ft. I know enough just to get me in trouble. On a Bag of lets say weed and feed, It will say: 25-3-3 25% SCU 1% Fe, 1%Mn. I'm OK till I get to the Fe and Mn. What the heck do they mean? Why would I want them. PR

2. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

They are micro nutrients that are necessary for healthy turf. I use fertilizers with 2% iron (Fe). Iron will give the grass a nice deep green. :) ;) :) ED

3. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

we use a liquid iron in our weed spray. Think about switching from the weed and feed to a liquid weed control. supirior results will follow.

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Kickin,
    Why don't you use the spell check before you post a reply?:confused: ED

5. kickin sum grass

sorry ED. my fingers don't keep up with my brain on the key board. Is this better.

Correction on my last post. It should read superior not supirior.
    I did not realize I was in english class and had to worry if I hit the wrong key as long as we all knew what was being said.

6. kickin sum grass

Sorry again all. Another mistake, can you believe me. Enough beers for tonight.

Another correction. It should have read - Is this better?

7. use of liquid herbicide is much better!

fe, or iron, will green up turf, but also helps with stress! 4 to 5 lbs/ acre is plenty per year

8. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the help. I'm sure we will use this site again. PR:)