1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

1 gallon and 5 gallon pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Rockwell Landscape Maint., Oct 17, 2013.

1. Rockwell Landscape Maint.

Rockwell Landscape Maint. LawnSite Member

What do you guys charge for labor to install 1 and 5 gallon plants? I have a commercial account that lost a couple hundred plants due to hard freeze last winter and they're ready to start replacing them. Irrigation is already set in place.

2. jdo150

jdo150 LawnSite Member

Will you be giving a warranty on the plants are you using a fert or compost on the plants. How are the soil conditions are you gonna have to over dig and use new soil and dispose of the old soil? If you think of that stuff you should be able to come up with a price.

3. Rockwell Landscape Maint.

Rockwell Landscape Maint. LawnSite Member

No, to all of those questions. Dig a hole, put it in the ground. How much do you charge?

4. Laurel Leaf

Laurel Leaf LawnSite Member

Everything by the job. Not per hole or whole size. I don't really just dig a hole and drop it in. Usually I have to add soils and mulch.