1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1 man operations or 2?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by plantzpropertymanagement, Jun 23, 2006.

1. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

Just curious what kind of money you guys are pulling in a month just off mowing this is my second season and im only up to 1200 A MONTH i just keep growing little by little i just do this part time right now maybe it will grow maybe it wont.
  2. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm at $500 a wk for lawns, only 23 weekly and 2 bi weekly. about $33 bucks and hour, actually maybe a bit less than that.

This is my first year, actually I'm only nearing the 2nd month lol of lawncare but I did about a month of spring cleanup before that.
    I realize I'm an underballer but you got to learn somehow to cut lawns and now I realize how much there is to learn. I'm quite happy dipping my toe in this field and I think I will be making some serious cash soon for fall cleaning and really have my act together next year.

I will also be adversting hard for new lawn clients in a week or two (also window cleaning customers) and will be pricing them properly (or more properly) then I will raise prices on some of my current customers, I don't even care if I lose half of them.
  3. D and H Seasonal Services

D and H Seasonal Services LawnSite Member
    from SE, Pa

Just about $2200 per month with 15 weekly accounts
  4. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Almost $3,000.00 a month with 18 weekly accounts for mowing. I also do mulching, hedge trimming, etc. which is on top of it.
  5. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

2 of us gross about 8-10k off only mowing in a 35-40 hour week.. we do removals,chemicals,top soil, mulch,,, small sized installs and they help raise the bottom line a good amount
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

$1200 a week 33 full time 3 everyother week prices range from $30 to $65 for full timers and one of my everyother week account is $75. Wanna tip. If you see a house for sale with tall grass, CALL the realitor. You will get it, (unless the owners are really cheep) and you allso will make a great conetion for networking. My first year on my own and pulling in over $4800 a month mowing. Then add in side jobs $$$$!
  7. plantzpropertymanagement

plantzpropertymanagement LawnSite Member

the market for lawn care must be in great demand where you guys are theres to many people doing lawn care up here.
  8. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

$5K per week per crew.
    However, we are mowing 48 weeks/year here.
  9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

just me second month in business. first month brought in $2300, this month will be more i have 13 full time accounts. not bad for part time work. i only work 4 days a week!
  10. GrassQuester

GrassQuester LawnSite Member

70 clients grossing $6000 per month 4 1/2 days