1 or 2 times.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chefdrp, Sep 4, 2003.

1. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a guy that wants me to do his lawn wile his mower is getting fixed. i do 2 lawns right next dorr to his. Can you give me any help on how to win him for the rest of the season, fall clean up and for next season? I know just do a great job but i already do a fantastic job.

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

That's it.Let him see your work shine and do it better than he is!

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

Hopefully he will see that if you are doing it for him, then he has one less thing to worry about. I have several residential customers that have mowers but they are too busy to use them. They have almost all said that having it "just get done every week" without them having to worry about it was worth the money. Much less the fact that it looks better too.

One customer describes it as the "Andy Griffith cut". It always looks the same when I get through.

4. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

Unfortunately sometimes it doesn't matter how good of a job you do. Sorry to be such a downer, but just had one of those days. The only thing you can do is put your best foot forward and do the best job possible. After that it's all up to him. The guy could be a millionare but tighter than a frogs butt under water. Ran into one of those today too.

5. bad_chad48

bad_chad48 LawnSite Member

Just do your job well and then hit him up about letting you continue servicing his prop. Joke around with him. Ask him how long it takes for him to mow, then relate it back to one of his hobbies. fishing? golfing?
    I don't know but it has worked for me in the past but then again, I am a pretty friendly talker

6. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

thanx guys. Thanx bad chad. He is a doc. and like to golf and stuff. I will foke with him about it and maybe do a little something around a putting flag he has on the lakefront. LOL