1 or 2 wheeled sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A.J.'s Lawn Service, May 22, 2002.

1. A.J.'s Lawn Service

A.J.'s Lawn Service LawnSite Member

which is better 1 or 2 wheeled sulky

2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Check your PM's

3. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

:cool:

I've got a one wheeled velke brand sulkey on my John Deere 36" walkbehind, it works great, goes over ruts and bump really well!

Jim- Rosemark Lawn Servicing

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I like the two wheeled sulkys because usually the wheels line up with the drive wheels of the walk-behinds, leaving fewer wheel marks.

5. Reverend

Reverend LawnSite Member

Two wheeled velkes are much better I own both and would never purchase another single wheel.

The two wheel leaves less ruts because your weight is divided between two points of contact rather than 1

Also the wheels follow the footpath of the mower leaving a nice stripe, comparable to a lazer.

And much more foot room for the rider which doesn't seem like abig deal until you go from a 2 to a 1 its very constricting

6. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I use a one wheel and it works great, but if I had it too do over I would probaly buy a two wheel just for the pita factor of when you have to add air or grease the thing.

7. marley

marley LawnSite Member

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GET A AIR RIDER SULKY OR A ROCKET WHEELS FROM TRIMMER TRAP(DUAL CASTERS). ONE WHEELERS GET KINDA RICKITY AFTER A WHILE

8. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I vote for the two wheel but if your looking to buy check out the new one from toro.