1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

1 or 2 whel sulky's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by luv of green, Dec 16, 2001.

1. luv of green

luv of green LawnSite Member

i was just wondering which more people are using right now i have all jungle wheels, but new mower thinking of trying something different.any coomments
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

One wheel or two. It depends on what you want, I guess. Wobbles, more drag, and a third wheel track going down the middle of your rows, or stability and greater comfort, ease of pulling without sinking, and a nice clean row. There are the options. Just my opinion, of course.;)
  3. I use 2 wheeled velke. Doesn't leave the third line down the middle.

Also much more stable on hills and soft ground.
  4. Grassman

Grassman LawnSite Member

I agree with the rest. We used to use 1whl Velkies but switched to the 2whl Haveners. Much more comfortable too. Russ
  5. My sulkies are as old as dirt. They were made in 1994 and where the prototype of the turf specialty hydro sold today. One of them is a chain drive model for help in laying down a pattern.

As you can see in the picture the construction and design are superior to anything made today. I cut the rear corners off and have bigger castor wheels (better ride and easier turning) installed.

What I do if I get tired standing doing athletic fields or industrial sites is to park my butt on top of the left then right fender for a period of time to rest the legs a bit.

They also fold right up against the handlebar to save floor space.

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

No Sulkies here,, We only use PRO SLIDE... Much safer and easier to operate and use... Great striping too...

Visit.. www.novae.com
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Matt, I was close.. LOL
  9. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

You'll want to go with a two wheeled deal...

If you want a single wheel sulke, I got one I'll sell ya! ;)
  10. luv of green

luv of green LawnSite Member

thank you the proslide is going to be my next sulky,that sucks my dealer doesnt sell the proslide he will see that i have been somewhere else