1 year older

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by snow, Apr 24, 2000.

1. snow

snow Guest

I'm officially 15 today, and already and thinking about my plow truck. The 2001-2002 will be my first plow season. <p><br>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

2. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

congradulations on your 15th birthday.I wish i had shown an interest in the snow bus at your age ,you will go far if you stick with it.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

3. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Happy Birthday, mine is on wednessday, but i don't want to get into my age. I will say this i wish i was going for my licence right about now, and not renewing it.<p>What are you looking at for a truck? <p>Best of luck. <p>Byan if your still on the forum, when ya get your truck. I think i have an extra warning light that might have your name on it if you want it.<p>Geoff<p>

4. snow

snow Guest

Thanks Geoff, I'm leaving on wednesday to go to virginia, so happy birthday. For a truck:<br>f250 XLTw/,w/o supercab<br>diesel<br>4x4<br>auto<br>Thanks for the offer, I'll take the light. It's just no one around here has a truck I want, except my friend, he has all I have listed above, plus a 8ft minute mountplow.<p>Bryan<p>----------<br>The Snowplow Homepage<br>http://www.snowplow.web.com

5. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

When you get your truck let me know and i will mail ya a light.<p>I wouldn't advice a disel, with the old style Ford's the transmission wasn't designed to plow with a disel.<p>I wouldn't worry about having a super cab, they are very nice, i might finally get one this year. Only when you are starting out you can't have it all. I will also be honest with you, i have a very large equipment budget, and i don't even buy XLT Trucks. I would recomend an XL with air, and the appearance package, this way ya get the rubber floor (easier to keep clean), and still a nice cool truck, with a cloth seat.<p>Keep looking in auto hunter you will find a truck that will fit your needs. If not take a trip up to Maine, and check out the dealers, i know you can find Ford 250 HDs with plows. I think i saw 4 or 5 just in sundays paper.<p>Best of luck<p>Geoff

6. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

I turned 15 in Feb. and have been looking for a truck to plow and pull my trailer ever since. I might have found one last week it is an '89 F-250 HD diesel 4x4 5 spd 69k miles never plowed or towed before. I have an 8ft western unimount and a class III hitch to put on it

7. n y snow pros

n y snow pros LawnSite Senior Member

Tim ,just a little friendly advice if you can stay away from a standard you will be better off. A standard will not hold up under any type of heavy plowing that truck will cost you alot more in the long run ,keep looking dont get itchy and buy the 1st nice looking truck you see.The older ford diesels were not designed to plow with,buy an older v-8 automatic and youll have less headaches.<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200

8. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

Thank you for the advice my father said the same thing so I think i am going to hold off.

9. yortengel

yortengel LawnSite Member

&quot;HAPPY BIRTHDAY&quot;<br>I remember 15, Listen to Geoff. He really knows his buisness, and his plow trucks. I wish I would have listened to my dad about trucks. I cant tell you how much money I spent not listening. Put it this way I could have the LXT and a spare truck. Hind sight is always 20/20<br>Good Luck.