1 Year today since starting my lawn biz...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bassman, Jul 10, 2001.

1. Bassman

Bassman LawnSite Senior Member

Thank you everyone for the advice via this forum. I took the plunge and went full time from scratch exactly 1 year ago to the day. Don't advertise anymore, life is good. I am a single Dad raising my 15 yr. old son. He helps me Wed.-Fri. now that he is on summer break from school. I was flat busted financially and working for an A-Hole when I decided to get into this biz. I owe no one and have a nice nest egg in the bank acct. and enjoy watching it increase weekly. Thank you again everyone.
    P.S. What ever happened to Lazer?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats Bassman,
    Lazer went into doing Aps, big time and is devoting all his time to make it work. I did see him on the boards a few days ago. He is still around, just very busy. :)

I'm glad your lawn service is doing well. It's good to hear that Lawnsite has really helped someone out like this. Keep up the good work and I wish you well in the future. ;)

3. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Bassman, i'm happy to hear that you are doing well. you made a decision and followed through with action. you closed one door and walked through another. i bet you understand the words perserverance, determination, and refusing to give up. I bet you learned from your mistakes and them learned again.

I once had a man tell me that "it is all out there for those who persue it''. What he ment is we can acheive what we want, if we stay the course.

Bassman, your post offers me hope, and that fires me up. you take care and drive on.

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Bassman,

Glad to hear things are working out for you. You took a big step and it's nice to hear that your business has taken off.
    I enjoy reading your posts. You have a positive attitude which I'm sure is one of the reasons you have been successful. Keep up the good work.

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Bassman, I am very glad for you. But more important is that you are supporting your child as well, as a single father. For the last year I have been part time, actually very little work, so that I can stay home with my newborn. She is now one and a lovely little girl at that. My wife works full time and we decided it was more important right now for someone to be home with her, instead of shipping her to a daycare. It has been an adjustment, but I wouldn't trade it for nothing. I wish you the best and I look forward to going full bore next year, as my parents will be watching her for us.:D

6. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Happy anniversary Bassman.
    I wish you many years of continued success.

7. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have worked at UPS at night for almost 6 years. In the meantime, I've built my lawn service during the day. FRIDAY is my LAST DAY at UPS! Thank God, The lawn service is so profitable that I'd rather do it than work for UPS.
    Congrats to you Bassman - We have found our place

8. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Bassman.
    First congratulations on your business.

Just wanted you to know you were one of the main motivations on this board that helped both myself and my brother quit our full time jobs. We both had very good jobs with a big utility company up here but wanted to work for ourselves.

I used to come home after being ticked off at work do a search on your nick and watch your success through your posts from the day you quite to the day you were really starting to go somewhere.

Your posts had allot to do with my quitting my stressful job and going fulltime in the biz. We're doing pretty good now and growing everyday. I cant wait to really get going I love this biz and guys like you make this board all the more motivational.

Hope your continue your success.

9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Two thumbs up to ya. :blob3:

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

free at last, free at last. very glad to hear u r doing so well.