$10.00 lawn cutting

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Metro Lawn, Feb 26, 2004.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I was looking through the paper to check for my ad, and there it was. Another lawn service proudly stating $10.00 Lawn Cutting. Gee, no wonder I haven't gotten any calls..lol

2. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I bet they just rolling in the dough at $10.00 per cut, it's just cheaper to stay home sometimes.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Call the guy up and tell him you have 100 lawns you want done for 10.00 each, sit back and take it easy this year...LOL!!!!

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

That happens every year. There will be some catch to it such as $10 for the first 5k and $25 per 10k after that, and no trimming or blowing is included, etc.

5. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

that's just crazy, what about the guys on here that offer FREE cutting? I guess thats ok to do too?

6. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Im usually pretty calm, but those kinds of ads make me want to go Bobbygedd on people. Scrubs like that deserve a shovel upside the head. Ya he wont take any of our existing business from us, but he will slow down the expansion of our business. those scrubs will pick up 100 new lawns with that ad and thats 100 new lawns that we cant charge the going rate for.:blob2:

7. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Customers can't be that stupid, If somebody is doing work so cheap, they gotta suck at what they are doing.

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

dont ever underestimate how cheap a customer can be.

9. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

wow, that's low. Maybe I should call him to service my accounts and collect the difference....

I bet that's a kid or something looking for arcade money.

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

No, that's someone who thinks 8-10 bucks an hour is big money.
    Crawdad