$10.00 off each carton until July 4 - $0.56 per 1000

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by ICT Bill, Jun 18, 2008.

1. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Our pricing is reduced on our original formula 1-2-3 Instant Compost Tea until July 4th by $10 each carton.

We have an additional discount of 10% on small pallets which is comprised of 48 cartons of Instant Compost Tea

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

What is the shelf life if stored in non-heated/cooled building?

3. ICT Bill

I believe the expire date on the in stock product is April 2009. In very hot environments (above 90) the shelf life may come down 10 to 20%. In cooler environments it will extend the shelf life.

Testing results show 18 to 24 month shelf life at room temperature where it still meets the biology claim on the carton, we claim 12 months on the packaging.

There are actually many more beneficials in the product than are claimed on the label. The claim is at 12 months for obvious regulatory issues

the NPK and micronutrients do not go anywhere but the biology is affected in long term shelf life

4. caddi

caddi LawnSite Member

How many quarts are in a carton?

5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

1 carton covers up to 90,000 SqFt (32 oz)

6. ICT Bill

Space coast, The Florida Nitrogen ban is affecting you guys right now, right?
    yes 90,000 sq ft per carton, our operations manager likes to call them "kits" whatever
    It works out to fifty six cents per 1000 sq ft at that price

7. JDUtah

from UT

Haha, no way I haven't heard of the ban, is it ag-study based?

8. ICT Bill

Florida has put into effect a nitrogen ban for the monsoon season. basically that is it.

go here http://www.flaes.org/pdf/Urban_turf_fact_sheet.pdf

I believe it runs from June 1 to the end of September

next year the nitrogen restriction begins as to how much N you are able to apply in the zone you live in or the turf type that you are treating the lowest is 2 lbs per 1000 and the max is 6 lbs per 1000 (I believe) PER YEAR!

Some of these companies and Homeowners are applying twice that and more

9. JDUtah

from UT

Huh, interesting. You might need to forgive me for just skimming through the article but the restriction also applies to organic and natural sources of N?

10. Elden

Elden LawnSite Member

Yes, if it has a number for nitrogen it is included organic or not. There is a loop hole though if you can show through a soil test that the soil has a insufficient amount of N, P or K you can apply as needed.