10,000 doorhangers 10,000 post cards direct mailed

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mikefromny, Jan 25, 2006.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

how many jobs would u expect from this?(to land that is)

2. mikefromny

10,000 doorhangers and 10,000 post cards , so thats 20,000 not just 10,000 total between them both

3. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

did you just send this in New York State in January? For lawn care during winter?

4. DixieFerris

nevermind my first questions for you, all you need to know is don't waste your time on that many doorhangers and mailers my friend. The cost won't justify the jobs you get from it. You are better off targeting certain areas and talking with people with proposals and estimates on site. But if you have some money to burn, good luck with the mail idea

5. mikefromny

your in a far different zone than i am in , upstate ny is alot different from nassau/queens

6. mikefromny

and no i didnt do it for january its going to be done from feb 14- march 14th (doorhangers) and march 10th the mailing goes out for the Direct Mailing

7. DixieFerris

Yes, I am here in the Albany area. I wish we could seperate ourselves all together from the greater NYC area and become 2 states were are all so different in 1000's of ways.

Anyway, back to your post. Why on earth do you want to scatter that paper all over your area when you could do it in person, walking thru neighborhoods, on the phone and target your areas much more directly. Plus you can close business much faster and at a better % in person. The average flyer response it seems on this board is .5% -- 2% using those methods. When I go door to door or my partner or the other guys, we land 5-10% easily and WE pick them first

8. mikefromny

so your saying instead of having them mailed i should just take them printed and pass out the postcards?

9. mikefromny

bump , somebody gotta have an opinion here ( i never did direct mail )

10. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Mike, how much are you spending to have 10k postcards made up and having them direct mailed? I'm just curious. :confused: