10,500 GPH Waterfall

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by kcook, Aug 9, 2006.

1. kcook

kcook LawnSite Member

This project was done on an edge of a hill that runs off into a 1/4 acer pond. The 1/4 acer pond serves as an overflow for a larger pond across the driveway. The water had to be pumped 60 feet to the top of the first fall and then gravity did the rest. The pictures are not quite up to date. SInce the pictures have been taken large boulders were added and native grasses. The next step is aquati plants. Let me know what you think!!

thanks
    Kyle

100_1579.JPG

100_1559.JPG

100_1565.JPG

100_1534.JPG

100_1577.JPG

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

Great job!!! That looks awsome! :)

Vic

3. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

that looks really good, great job.

4. manfromearth

manfromearth LawnSite Member

I felt like water was going to come through my moniter and on to my lap while looking at picture number 4. Looks great. You have a nice touch with the rocking of your water courses; I can tell.

5. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

that looks beautiful!! good job!! :weightlifter: :clapping: :drinkup:

6. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

What is it doing.. just bubbling up out of nowhere? What would it look like if you built like say an old style looking well (with bucket) up at the top there and pumped the water back to the bottom, letting it bubble up and over one (lower) side of the well. Then flow down the rocking?:

7. kcook

kcook LawnSite Member

thanks for the replies. I checked out the waterfall today and the pumps were previously wired by the owner with some isues. The pumps now have been re-wired by a professional and there is deffinently more water flowing.

Any suggestions on types of water plants for central indiana. I want the plants to also be beneficial to the larger pond the waterfall is going into.

8. kcook

kcook LawnSite Member

anymore comments or suggestions. Thanks for the feedback so far.

9. sicnj

sicnj LawnSite Senior Member

where are the pumps sitting on the bottom of the pond?

10. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

that looks awesome i hope to do one someday