10-6-4 50% Org.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Shades of Green LService, May 15, 2007.

1. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone ever used this product or something similar? I've used it on a couple houses. Should be a good summer App. as well.

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't have much use for it here.

3. RAlmaroad

RAlmaroad LawnSite Silver Member
    from SC

What did it do for the house and What did you put on the lawns? You yankees sure do some strange stuff.

4. Shades of Green LService

;) :rolleyes:

5. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Is it "natural organic" or synthetic organic?

Keep in mind that "natural organics":
    Reqiure more product per 1000 square feet.
    Smell bad.
    Contain contaminents often harmful to humans & wildlife.

Pertsonally, I prefer products that are designed to be used around mammals (humans, pets, and wildlife).

My oppinion only.

6. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

That's alot of Phosphorous. Sounds more like a starter fert to me. Not sure why you'd need that much P in a summer fert.

7. The Ranger

The Ranger LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Not enough N to do any greening

8. tremor

tremor LawnSite Bronze Member

Lebanon used to market this analysis under their "Greenskeeper" line. Years ago 50% of the N was derived from Urea Formaldehyde. A quick look at today's version indicates there is 2.3% Slow N from Methylene Urea.

http://www.lebturf.com/pdfs/L2129765.pdf

I've seen a 10-6-4 somewhere recently that was 50% bio-solids too but can't remember who made it.

A bag of 20-10-10 would cover twice the area at much lower cost. Why pay good money for filler?

9. Actually the label states 3% is water insolube nitrogen and 2.3% is other water soluble nitrogen...being slowly available nitrogen from methylene urea

10. Shades of Green LService

Like Timturf said it is 3 % WIN. I think this would be a good gentle Fert for the Dog days of summer and also a good way to introduce bio solids to the soil. Also a 1/2 a pound or less of N is where i want to be in the summer . I'll probably stick w/ what i've been doing, which is 20-10-10 50% slow, Probably my favorite blend.