10 customers in one

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by cat320, Oct 5, 2000.

1. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one have a place they do snow plowing where they have ten people that own condos that think they know how to do it beter and cheaper than you?
  2. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yep. Had ONE last year and bagged it. Too many good paying clients out there to deal w/ stuff like that.
  3. Bill c

Bill c LawnSite Member

We had a group of laywers that use to come out and want us to push the snow past the lawn and down an embankment to free up all the parking spaces.When we told them that are trucks were not dozers and that we could come back later with a loader for an extra cost they couldn't understand why the truck could not do it.We did this lot for one contract and that was it.
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get me going on Condo's. Condo associations are the worst thing ever created.

Will never do a condo again. Not for any price.
  5. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

I don't do any condos myself. I can imagine how bad they are though, considering I live in one. The "association" here made a rule that kids can't play outside here. Nice huh? They even planted trees to fill in the open areas.

After I moved in, they made a rule stating no commercial vehicles can be parked overnight. They gave me a hard time, but another person here has a Coca-Cola van, and they leave him alone. Go figure, he must be on the "association" board or something.

Funny, the guy that plows this co,plex does a pretty poor job. In fact, I plow out our parking spots myself. He only does the lots, the super here does all the walks. The guy plows here after it stops snowing. He also plows in all the parked cars. Doesn't even try to keep the snow away from them.

From what I've hear, the 2 things you don't want to plow are condos, and new car dealerships.

6. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

I plow 2 condo associations, and have never had an issue with them. I have 1 person who contacts me, not every individual.
    They pay on time, and respect good quality work. They also have never tried to pull any tricks with me.
    I dont do property managers, they are the devil incarnate.
  7. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

I'll let you know later this winter. We've got the annual contract for my building. I grew tired of looking out my window at crappy workmanship (lawn and snow). The old board was canned, and the new prez hired us directly without any input from the new property manager. For now I'm the toast of the building since the lawn never looked better and we've done some landscaping to beautify the place. Judging by the job the subs last year did on the snow I don't forsee any problem...we'll see.
  8. iowastorm

iowastorm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Chuck; your comments about the association and their rules sounds like deja vu. Glad I'm not the only one to have experienced it.
  9. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

Ihave come to relize that it's not how good you are but how you know.All i know is that they don't understand what we have to do> I just found out that the place i plow wants another bid.I gave them round the clock service and was done before any one came to work in the lot besides having an inclined lot that needs more attaintion and a restaraunt that closes late and always having a full lot it really is pushing me on how long i will do this lot.
  10. GeoffDiamond

GeoffDiamond LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I think gas stations are the worst. Like Dino I have never had a problem with condos, some property managers are better than others, but its all part of the biz.

Thats one thing i have never heard of plowing a new car dealership. All the dealers in maine, plow their own lots, and sell the truck at the end of the winter.