10 day mowing cycle

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by jdmcat, Feb 2, 2008.

1. jdmcat

jdmcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

just curious, those of you who do a 10 day mowing cycle, what do you do if the tenth day falls on a weekend? do you work weekends or do you just do it a day early/late?
  2. jklawns

jklawns LawnSite Member

I have a couple lawns every ten days and I usually push them back to nine if it is on the weekend and they dont mind.
  3. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

i only do my commercial dudes on a 10 day cycle.. i work 6 days a week.. so if it falls on a Sunday..It either gets pushed a day ahead or a day behind...nobody cares

my customers don't give a ****, if i move them within a day.. If yours do
    don't get mad at me
  4. lawnjockey56

lawnjockey56 LawnSite Member

7day cycle= more $$$ less work
  5. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I just do it early or late, whatever is easier for me. I charge extra for a 10 day cycle.
  6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I never work Sundays so for this and other reasons concerning flexibility I have two possible cycles, one is an 8-10 day cycle and the next is a 10-12 day one... While the 8-10 I would consider weekly the other one falls under bi-weekly if it's that far spaced early in spring.

That's how I do things, I have cutting cycles they all fall under one or the other, 8-10, 10-12, 12-14, and for later in the season 14-16 and 2 weeks+ and so on... That gives me a day or two to play around with, works wonders.

Keep in mind in spring one day either way is no big deal, but you usually don't want to go more than 2.