1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

10 days for new part

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by lawnworker, Sep 10, 2004.

1. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Terry, I have a older Viking gear drive mower- the one with 2 tensioner pulleys on each wheel belt. They were called the posi drive system. My mower is a 1994. My model number is V48-14K-5 ser # 90287. I broke the jack shaft last week- the shaft that drives the wheel belts. After a lot of trouble trying to get the dealer to figure out what my mower is - can't really blame them they are sort of a new dealer- I hope, think we have the right parts ordered. Any way dealer said the part is back ordered and will take 8-11 days. What does back ordered mean. I really need this unit back and going. ten days seems like to long of a wait in todays world. The dealer is Troutville Va. Farm-store. Please E-mail me through the boards for my contact info.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

In this case "backorder" probably means nothing more than it's not available at the regional distributor and it'll need to ship from our warehouse here in Beatrice. If you want to send me a pm with the part number I can see if I can speed things along a little. You can e-mail me at terry.eckert@exmark.com