10% less than last year's service!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Michianamowpros, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Michianamowpros

Michianamowpros LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Check this out guys and gals. Just gave an estimate this evening seen another company's business card. on the back of the business card he stated. we will maintain your property and do it better for 10 % less than your last years service. Will not mention the Company's name here. He quoted $70 for 2 1/2 acre lot about 15 maple trees. and about 20 pine trees on the other side. long horse shoe driveway you have to an edge. Is that to cheep or am I too high. I quoted $110? I don't think I got the job.

2. Saw a flyer today, it said 15% off any competitors quote and every 8th cut free, oh yeah all new 2004 equipment. Only business where everybody wants to give stuff away.

3. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

There is this donut shop around here called dunkin donuts, those idiots give you this card, and you buy 6 coffee and get the 7th free. And heres the kicker, you can buy 6 small, and get the free one as an extra large. I bet they go out of business by the end of the year, either that or they know more about what they are doing than some other people.

4. thegreenjeansman

thegreenjeansman LawnSite Member

hey , dhat kind of ground is this 21/2 acres, rough ?beautiful? any gardens? 110$ isn't a bad price.don't worry about those guys outbidding you, they will burn their equipment out trying to that kind of property for chiken feed pay, the quality of your work will get you more work,work smarter not harder.
    thegreenjeansman

5. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That $110 sounds pretty good to me for 2.5 acres. I may have underbid on a property that is 2.5 acres, but only about 1 to 1.5 acres will require mowing. The rest is trees. Minimal trimming, but the driveway is long. I quoted $90 every other week. I figure it to take about an hour and a half per service. I won't know until I've been able to do it a few times. Anyhow, my price got the job, so maybe I was too low. Oh well, I think I can live with it.