$10 Per Acre!?!?!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rusty_keg_3, Jan 29, 2011.

1. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, $10 per acre, thats what my BOSS/brother bid on a few large accounts... One is 15 acres, one is like 8, and one is like 5...

I told him he is nuts, luckily we didnt get the contract yet but we have the lowest bid, so theirs a good chance we will get it! I am not a happy person tight now... Worst part is that its not just mowing... Theirs trimming anf blowing too!!!

Im wondering what you charge (roughly) per acre... So i can tell him... And ye i kno all markets are diffrent, but i still wnt some ideas please...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. LawnEnforcement25

LawnEnforcement25 LawnSite Member

anywhere from $65-90 per acre depending on the amount of extra work i have to do. If its a residential acre with a driveways, walkway, trees, kids play area, etc... i would say about 80. I had 1.5 acres of land i was doing for $110 but upped it to $125 because it had 3 dwellings, a fence, and some edging and other trimming that needed to be done. i probably would not have gone any lower than about $50/acre on those bids.

3. rusty_keg_3

rusty_keg_3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I told him even for like $30 an acre we would still lose money... Its commercial... I wont say the names or locations, but they are a large store...
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LawnEnforcement25

LawnEnforcement25 LawnSite Member

retract it and resubmit. tell them you made a mistake.

5. doubleedge

doubleedge LawnSite Senior Member
    from ND

Yup, that is indeed way low. Retract and resubmit the bid now or you will regret it later.

If it is wide open and regularly mowed and has minimal trimming, I would be happy with $50 an acre.

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Even the Latinos are laughing at you.

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Not being too familiar with commercial bids, how big a deal is this? I am sure you would not be the first guy to ever back out after winning a bid. I don't see how you would be obligated prior to signing of any contract. Give your brother a purple nurple for this too.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

How about I pay you guys to mow my lawns for $10 per acre then I just hang out at Put In Bay?

9. freshcut419

freshcut419 LawnSite Member

thats Funny

10. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

We are bidding in the mid teens per acre. We make it work, other crews make it work. You guys charging $40 + an acre are the lucky ones in lucky areas with good money flow. Heck I would let everything sit and mow one large place for that type of money all week and think gee I made good money this week for a only a few hours mow time.