$10/sq ft ?? that must be expensive now...check this out

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by tturbonegro, May 19, 2010.

1. tturbonegro

tturbonegro LawnSite Member
    from nj

another example of someone ruining the business....i don't care if this guy doesn't sell one job and they usually aren't are competition...but....they still put it out there and people read it and get it in their head that this is what its should cost...came across this in free 'home improvement' local contractors ad type thing...they are in every local wawa and grocery store..

$7.50 sq ft ?!?!?!?!!!!

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Why would you care, you seem to have alot of work already. It doesn't bother me in the slightest because these guys are fly by nights and the type of customer I want (and you) are not the type that shop by price. In every trade it's the same, and the end result is the same.

3. 4Russl5

4Russl5 LawnSite Member

This seems to be the first company on steroids, and plenty of access to cash. A little scary.

4. Stone Creations

Stone Creations LawnSite Member

funny ****..wouldnt worry about it...wont last!!

5. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

Same story here in Phoenix, but the prices are $2.75 a square foot. Talk about lowballers that wont last.

Peace,

Rex

http://PaversInstalled.Com

6. 4Russl5

4Russl5 LawnSite Member

How much are those products a square foot? I only do natural stone....

7. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

You HAVE to be kidding Rex. This is not possible unless homeowner is paying for all hardscape related materials.

8. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

Its one thing to separate yourself from the competition. Its another to look like a total idiot doing it.

I wonder how many change orders are issued on thier average install?

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Like I keep saying, the paver industry has certainly taken a different turn.

Depending on the market you're in you can no longer be a company that is dedicated soley to hardscapes offering planting with your hardscape jobs. Yeah, there was a severe recession, but push these crazy, misleading low rates is more damaging then the recesssion. We have a contractor here that does that and he is making money hand over fist, he's gobbeling up jobs left and right. Ok, great for him. BUT.......his workmanship reflects the prices and he is not standing behind their work. It's very frustrating because when I meet with potential clients I have to be ethical and not bad mouth other contractors, so all I can do is say "i highly suggest you do your homework thouroughly and look at jobs that were done 3-4 years ago, not 2 months ago"

10. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

I fail to see what is unethical in informing a potential customer that they are about to be 'Fleeced' by another party. I also refuse to legitimize these individuals as 'Contractors'.