10 stiches later...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bubble boy, Aug 16, 2002.

1. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

and my best guy has been out since last fri. what will i do?

his hand got caught between the truck and the trailer while hooking up. now he's got no income and temp. nerve damage.

guess he is screwed, hope he doesn't sue me...

ahh, but wait my workman's comp! (or WSIB as it is up here)
    Yup, it's all paid up and the claim got filed today.

for all you bad boys who think they don't need it, listen up it's worth it. and i don't mean just for protection, but for peace of mind. i couldn't live with myself if one of my workers couldn't put food on his table because i wanted to save a few bucks.

Rise above the type of thinking that "i'll never use it". Just think of the consequences of what happens if you need it and don't have it. My only prob this week was having to work myself a good few days to help keep up. Small price to pay. Peace of mind.

Thankfully, docs say the wound should heal in a couple weeks, and that the nerve damage is indeed temporary, maybe a month to regenerate.

And if you think it's too expensive for one or two employees, in canada its based on wages. so could literally be a few hundred for a helper. just do it.

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

aaah, that gap/space got me... in the fraction of a second it took me to scroll down I already had a ear lashin to dish out to you.

:jester:

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

well worth it to be a true business person!!

years ago i had an outboard repair shop, a flywheel came off and cut my helper pretty bad, he was out for 3 weeks, i still think.....what if.....

good point!!

4. TheGrassGuy

TheGrassGuy LawnSite Member

We pay by the hour here. I give them an estimate of hours I figure will be worked - I always go high. Any unused hours get carried over to the next year as a credit. Would not go without it. For the owner such as myself - I am insured per day and the rate is determined partially by my expected income.