10$ Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mykster, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOW Quality that's all i got 2 say.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

"This is a Sulky that will impress you and your customers showing everyone that your are a true Lawn Professional with the finest equipment. "

That came from the info on ebay. So that's how we become true professional. Sure that we all found that out. ;)

Actually the reserve is set at $125.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I don't know, for a buck and a quarter, it doesn't look all that bad. It's all greasable. The first arm off the mower is about the weakest looking thing on it, and that doesn't really withstand much force. For 1/3 the cost of most, maybe it isn't so bad.:confused:

5. [​IMG]

Poor design!!

Diamond plate foot aera means very slippery when wet.

The pivot and hitch are week. That's a lot of pressure to exert on the the pivot point and the hitch.

[​IMG]

6. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Mykster-Get Jungle Wheels. I have them and I love them. I got mine with my Exmark from my dealer. Call up Josh at Carl's Mower and Saw in Ferndale and he'll hook you up. They usually give you pretty good deals.

7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

Look at how the wheels are held on.

8. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

It also sits to high off the ground. I made one like this along time ago (10years) and I thought I really had something untill I went to use it and I couldn't reach the controls. I ended up filpping it upside down and standing on the axle. Man that was the good old days, NOT!

Soupy

9. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

What a piece of cr@p! We have to talk bad about it, or the thread will get deleted. I'm beginning to understand the rules here now. Someday I will post a pic of my home-made sulky (not for sale).
    Crawdad

10. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd hate to be riding it when the wheel falls off.
    Crawdad