10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

On yahoo, they will post a story like this about once a week with the "10 things a waitress, pilot, teacher, etc. won't tell you" but they've never done a landscaper.

So if there was an article like that, what are the top 10 things you would want clients to know about your job, that you wouldn't personally go up and tell them?

2. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a list of the 10 things I won't tell you:

3. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

#1 - You get what you pay for.

4. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

1.) Part of your bill includes the extra time you stand here talking to me during each visit. Time is money, and it adds up while I'm stuck at your property.

2.) I gave your dog a dozen milk bones to shut him up. If he has a weight problem, that might've been a contributing factor. Note: I still hate your dog as it hasn't stopped barking at me.

3.) All your thorny plants make me loath doing all your pruning.

4.) I don't know what you're feeding your dog, but the stink of its fecal matter is killing me. Please change its diet, or at very least, clean up after it.

5.) Contrary to belief, having spiders all over your house isn't effective for controlling pest problems.

6.) The yard waste trash can isn't there for you to fill up with household trash that couldn't fit in its proper container.

7.) Salt is not a "green" alternative to snail bait. You're just making a mess.

8.) If you have a fruit tree that you don't harvest (instead just let it all fall and then throw it away), just cut it down.

9.) Those wasp traps you bought from Walmart are crap.

10.) You may very well be the hottest person I do work for. God bless
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. daniel1015

daniel1015 LawnSite Member

those are pretty funny especially number 10.

6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

hers one. when i tell you the bag of grub treatment costs me $52, no, i will not do the treatment for $50.

i did not actually tell him i would not do it. i just turned around and started walking away.

7. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Solar lights.

I HATE your SOLAR LIGHTS!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

i take sneak peaks at your daughter every time she walks by

9. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

LMFAO on that one.I despise them as well.I just run them over with the mower after a couple times they get the hint.:laugh:

10. ffemtmcd

ffemtmcd LawnSite Senior Member

AMEN to #4 from zechstoker list!!!