10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I guess Im a year late.

The customer tells me how great the bushes look around the corner. I just smile and say they are getting pleanty of water.
  2. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

Give it time it's coming.
  3. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

No kidding. Someday you'll get in your truck and go what hell stinks so bad.:laugh::cry::hammerhead:
  4. zackvbra

zackvbra LawnSite Senior Member

just subscribing. good thread
  5. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I can not come up with 10 things but the general truth that is never told to customers.

How that landscape design you are being sold/bought is going to increase the application of herbicides.

That you are not thinking past paying the bill for the landscape install. That or you are in denial that you have greatly increased the labor and cost needed to maintain your new landscape plans.

When with time, age will make it to difficult for you to maintain this labor intensive landscape. Then you will have to pay to have it maintained.

Along with time, age may leave you without the necessary retirement income to pay someone to maintain your poor choice in landscape design.
  6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I am not going to try to talk people out of fancy installs based on the fact they might have to hire someone to maintain it. I could care less if they sell a kidney to have top notch design. Go spend the kids inheritance.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    ericg likes this.
  7. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

10 things the landscaper won't tell you

1) I hate all the landscaping you cram into you .15 acre lot
    2) I intentionally blow grass clippings into your air conditioner unit because you are always late paying me
    3) Tell me what you want done, not how to do it

I'll think of some more stuff later.
  8. vegandude

vegandude LawnSite Senior Member

What moment of stupidity made you plant a tree under a power line
  9. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I love this even more when its the city that does this.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. TNGrassCutter

TNGrassCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Why did you plant those azaleas in the 3 ft space between your house and your now 6ft holly bush hedge row.
    Posted via Mobile Device