10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. zo6

zo6 LawnSite Senior Member

wow,, do people really go around and collect their dogs sh*t??

First i heard that was on this site, i thought people were joking, but i guess some guys really want you to do it, ridiculous if you ask me.

2. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What the hell is a string trimmer you mean line trimmer...???

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

usual. I love it. made me laugh

I don't get the dog poop thing either. iv never had an issue with it and ic ran over horse crap. I did have a customer that paid me 10 bucks to pickup his dogs crap. I just tossed it into the woods. took 5 min.

earlier infuse thread someone mentions using a spray to keep beds clean. what do you use and how often? nothing I try works. even super concetrated brand named stuff. does nothing.

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

No no no, you mean the weed whacker.

5. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Round up power plus or something like that. Back in the farm chemicals in TSC. 1 ounce per gallon will kill everything you got man. It aint the residential watered down crap.

6. birddseedd

thanks ill give it a try. last I tried was round up weed and grass killer super concentrate 2.5 oz per gal. did nothing. looked like syrup before mixing. white and purple container

how often do you treat?

7. Patriot Services

There's part of the problem. That's basically Gly concentrate. I run 4 to 5 ounces per gallon to get good effect. Buying the TSC Pronto brand in 2.5 gallon concentrate is most cost effective.

8. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Round up power max. That's what its called. Its what the farmers use. 2.5 gal for around $80. 1 ounce per gal and be very careful of drift. If it touches anything its toast in 5 days. No mercy with stuff. Application, once a month give or take.

9. birddseedd

thanks for the advice guys. this has been a problem and has cost quite a bit of money all year.

what do you use to kill weeds and not grass?

what about spraying this stuff around bushes and small trees?

10. Patriot Services

Your paying for the Roundup name. Its simply a slightly more concentrated formula of glyphosate .76% vs .41% with a sticker added. You can buy the cheap stuff (same AI) and mix it hotter. Add your own sticker, couple tbsp of dish soap works. Mosanto is still making a mint off people that don't know the other brands are all the same ingredients,nothing more. TSC Pronto is 39.99 for 2.5 gal jug, goes on sale for 29 all the time.