10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

2-4-d is a broad leaf killer that won't kill grass. I am no expert in this. Trimec (however its spelled) is a general weed killer. The roundup won't kill trees or bushes with the right mix.

2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

I know we talked about this before. You really need some education before applying anything to someones turf. 2 4. D is a great herbicide. Properly applied at the correct rate. You can bake a lawn just as easily as the weeds. Never use roundup in the turf. Unless you like the minefield look. Not to mention you need a license for any of these products.

3. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

education is why I am here. ill most likely be getting a license in the spring

4. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Dog duty...we scoop poop! Franchise here...10 bucks per week, one dog...pretty big here

5. birddseedd

yea. thats what i charged. i just watched out for piles as i mowed then picked up as i blew. dont have that customer no more. he was a bit of a jerk

6. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I'll try to work in spite of them, but will not repair/replace them.;)

7. birddseedd

I could have done your work yesterday like you wanted but i was too lazy to get out of bed

8. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

I will show up every tuesday and mow the lawn for $40 while you sit inside and watch tv or whatever you like to do. It will be $65 if you want to come out and watch.

9. birddseedd

??? Eh? Don't get it

10. birddseedd

you look down on me cause i cut your grass.... truth be told you are the one dorwing in debt and i have everything i want.