1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

Vent thread, funny thread, however you take it. I want to see what other guys come up with. I dont have any interesting ones to share, but I'm getting a good laugh out of some of these!

Hopefully more new content will continue to be added
  2. mikeypizano

mikeypizano LawnSite Senior Member

1. You are NOT my only yard.
    2. I TRY to get to everyone ASAP.
    3. If you get pissed that I am late, I will take my sweet time getting to you.
    4. The nicer you are to me, the nicer I am to you. A little drink or tip goes a LONG way.
    5. Don't expect little extras done free if you treat me like crap.
  3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

-- You got very lucky you called at the last instant because your son's 1st communion was tomorrow and the grass was up to my ankles. It helped get me through the evening mowing when you told me to give you an estimate to completely make-over your landscape, and you accepted. Thanks!
    Last edited: May 20, 2012
  4. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

they don't charge me for food? since when. I didn't get the notice.

I pay HALF the grocery bill each week buddy.

my parents are 2 people and I'm only one but yet I pay for half of all the food purchased each week. not counting anything special I want or places I stop at when working or out and about.

yes issues in any industry but people don't complain nearly as much about them. plus we choose who we work for. you don't like who you work for find others to work for. you don't take on a client then beotch about everything they do or don't do or say.
  5. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I stand corrected. Sounds like you are paying your way.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. birddseedd

Tho i have had to drop customers before. But i uavnt gotten to the point where i can afford to drop someone just because their gate isnt in the best condition.

Fyi, we arnt as serious as you are. Relax man. Unclentch your buttox and youll realize we are just in just with this thread. Have some fun with us
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

All right enough with rehashing YG's lifestyle. If your new search it. Every thread he responds to seems to end that way anyhow.

I do tell new people all the time "it's a lawnmower, not a magic wand and I'm not Harry Potter". This is in response to those that want their's to be lawn of the month for the price of a cut.:usflag:
  8. birddseedd

takes me all year to get lines the way i want them
  9. birddseedd

on real big lawns anyway
  10. whiter1

whiter1 LawnSite Member

First post, I might as well chime in at sometime.

Best Call I have gotten;

#Hello, D&R Lawn Care..
    -Can you cut my grass today?
    #I am not sure, its the Saturday before easter
    - But your a lawn care service
    #I might be able to get someone out there today.
    -Ok I need it mowed before the egg hunt tommrow.
    #Let me see what I can do
    -Please make sure you don't mow over the candy eggs we already hid.
    # ----CLICK----

I didn't mind losing that customer.