10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Horrible... You mean I've been wasting money on fertilizer this whole time? Hahaha... Man, whoever marketed that has some screws loose.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, and it would only cost around $3,000 per acre to paint a lawn...and it will last until you mow....what a deal!

3. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

WAIT!!! that doesn't even include LABOR yet!!!!:wall

4. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

Adding to my list this evening:

-If you're completely rude and a total b!+cH to me soon as you answer the door as I'm there introducing myself upon arrival for the first time, don't expect great things to become of your lawn and landscape. I just lost all interest in the account, and am ready to walk off the job at any time.

5. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

--You haven't paid for your one time service, when I did it in early April. After I did the work I found out you were a renter. Big mistake on my part. I've sent 1 email, 2 mailed letters and one certified, hoping you'd respond. I've called you on my work cell but you don't answer. BUT... when I called on my home phone you picked up. When I asked for my money, you said "I'm mailing it tomorrow, my husband just got paid" Even when I do get a hold of her, she tries to delay paying the bill even more!!!

Rule#1 Don't work for renters!!!

6. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

dont put your 20 f drain pipes above ground. and do not connect them all together.. serioulsy. you want water to come down 2 down spouts and then back up the 3rd o_O

im not kidding. thats how they are on m new account.

7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

~ On a beautiful Spring day, I'll come give you your estimate and listen to you gush about all your glowing intentions of making your lawn/yard look like it belongs in a magazine. And while your enthusiasm dwindles, so will mine. You see, I find it very challenging to care MORE about your lawn than you actually do. And by the time the leaves are falling in November, you have grown tired of paying me...and want some kind of deal to wind up the year...WHEN IT'S THE TIME OF THE YEAR THAT I WORK HARDEST IN THE POOREST CONDITIONS.

Ahhhh, I feel so much better.......but I'm still not looking forward to leaves in November. :rolleyes:

8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

I second that. I HAT fall cleanup.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

some of my best clients are renters.

10. lazor-cut

lazor-cut LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wixom

Love cleanups! Gotta have the right setup/ system! Majority of my Cleanups are COD- That means i dont see a check or If it wasnt a prepaid, i keep goin'!