1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

10 things your landscaper won't tell you

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by elitelawnteam1, May 17, 2012.

1. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

When folks need to cancel service I see them finding thousands of different creative ways in which to do that,
    anything will do, I have seen them all but then I find myself getting angry because someone isn't telling the truth...
    I always ask myself, why does it have to be this way?

If you need to stop or cancel service for ANY reason, a simple phone call telling me just that will suffice.
    You do not need to give, nor do I recommend that you give a reason, usually that only makes it worse.
    Just tell me my services are no longer required and be pleasant and polite, but short and to the point.
    You can leave it at that, I don't have to know why.

Thank you and have a nice day
  2. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

when you were gone, i peed behind your shed, and used your deck to eat my lunch.

and even tho every time i mow you take off your top and walk around the big windows showing it all, it aint happenin (true story on all 3 accounts)
  3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Fanatic

Got to love the new cell phone card readers. No check no problem, got a check card and we can get started.
  4. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

Not to mention you won't be working soon until it snows. PAY UPpayup
  5. macgyver_GA

macgyver_GA LawnSite Senior Member

Just thought of one. True story that happened to me once when I got sick while working.

"I puked in your backyard when I was spreading pine straw. If you're wondering what your dog is eating, it's probably my puke. Don't worry I covered it with the new pine straw"
  6. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

I like to know why. in case it's a mistake I made or something I didn't do or did do so I can make sure it's not something I'm doing with others.

I don't require people tell me why but if they don't I ask.
  7. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 LawnSite Senior Member

It's typically not the truth anyway. I had one lady stop service because I wasn't mowing in her planting beds because she had no plants there. I said I never told her I would do it, partly because I'd look like a hack. She had a crappy lawn anyway
  8. birddseedd

birddseedd LawnSite Silver Member

had a customer try on multiple occasions to get me to do inside his beds for free. even lied to an employee saying i told him it was ok to do inside the beds.

he wasnt a customer much longer. cheap bastard had a 1 million dollar stone house and wanted me to do a 60 dollar lawn for 25 bucks. and still kept asking for freebies.
  9. zechstoker

zechstoker LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those types on service currently. In fact, my day ended with that ****** yesterday.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

When your landscaper asks if you would like to have your beds mulched, he doesn't mean using a mulching mower on them............