10 watt 60 Degree MR-16

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jshimmin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

Anyone know of a manu that produces a 10 Watt MR-16 in a very wide flood? I've used linear spread lenses,but would prefer the correct bulb to begin with.
  2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

3. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

38 is the widest I have seen. The 20/60's cover this particular area fine, but are too hot on the white paint.
  4. Alan B

Alan B Sponsor

If you can't find a 10 w 60 degree MR-16, an option maybe to use a 10w Bi pin which will give you a wider beam spread then a 60 degree mr16.

Most of our fixtures that take Mr16's will also fit the jc bi pins we have (or you could get a new wallwash fixture designed for bi pin bulbs.

The wallwashes we have produce a very wide spread (since its a round shallow dish fixture and you can use a 10w bi pin)...however I personally am not keen on them as they are aluminum fixtures.

We are switching to all brass fixtures as we wind down our stock of aluminum.
  5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

unique stellar is a good choice and coppermoon has one coming out. Tom Williams turned me on to screening. Try putting a couple of layers of stainless screening over the 20w 60 degree to calm it down or try to 20w 60 with 1 or 2 frosted lenses in it if you can fit em.

What fixture are you using ? Maybe try multiple fixtures at 10w to produce the wider area your trying to acomplish or back the fixture off the subject if possible.
  6. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

Need them for some gutter mounted bullets hitting 5 dormers. Works well with (2) 20/60's crossed on the outsides. The bullets let me turn the shroud to eliminate the glare bomb from below. The wall washer fixtures allow to much of the source to be seen.

I'm going to try the stainless screen idea...
  7. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

Remember with any of our Odyssey Brass FIxtures you will have a set of Designer Lenses including spread lenses included in the box!!
  8. Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light LawnSite Member

Hello, I just installed (today) two 5 watt 60 degree warm white LEDS (MR-16) for a client with an indoor atrium. I used these to wash a mural painted wall. Just got off the phone with the client "we love it" was the response. Hope that helps somewhat.

9. jshimmin

jshimmin LawnSite Member

What brand of LED did you use?

If I had one that was a close color temp to the existing halogens, it would be an easy sell.

10. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not drinking the MR16 LED Koolaid just yet. They have a long way to go.