10 watt 60 Degree MR-16

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by jshimmin, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Let There Be Light

Let There Be Light LawnSite Member

Hi Jim, There's lots of MR-16 LEDS out there. Some good, some not so good. I get mine from Sprinkler World here in PHX. The BIG difference with this one is the actual LED is manufactured by CREE in NC. which makes me feel better about the actual end product. It also has a large area aluminum heat sink on it. The 60 degree lens is also frosted-nice touch. Email me at steve@lettherebelightllc.com and I can put you in contact with the right guy at Sprinkler World. I'm sure they can ship you one.

Steve

2. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Bronze Member
    from usa

:laugh:

The Jonestown massacre. Subtle.

3. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

Ushio synergy lamps are out and last time I saw them fully dimmable but the coolr part was when you dim them they hold the same color. Keep in mind I do not yet have the released version yet in my hand and just have a few of the pre release test units but the synergy is now readily avalible.

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

I wonder how many hours they will last in a fully enclosed bullet fixture with no air circulation inside...HMMM :rolleyes: I'm just sayin, they make claims about longevity without having these things in the field being tested under real world conditions for any real length of time. Those IC boards are going to get pretty warm being fully enclosed inside that fixture, I don't care how big your heat sink is. If you can get 5 years out of these 1st generation LEDs I will be surprised, (pleasantly though)

5. Let There Be Light

I love the Ushio brand and almost exclusively use their halogen lamps. I have a sample synergy LED lamp and although they have a nice beam spread selection, the footprint of the lamp is too big to be a true plug and play for the various fixtures I use and it's too expensive in my opinion.

6. Lite4

Ushio makes a fine lamp, I prefer and have much better luck with the GE's but that is simply just my preference.

There is no doubt we will see a true direct replacement lamp for the MR 16 or par for that matter in years to come as soon as they can overcome the heat issue.

By the way, Welcome to lawnsite Steve. Looking forward to getting to know you more on this site.

7. Let There Be Light

Thanks for the "welcome" Tim, glad to have found this site.

8. Pro-Scapes

My go to bullet is quite large when compared to other standard uplights in the industry. I am hoping this will help with any heat issues. I am going to retrofit a friendly clients home pretty soon and I can always go back to halogens if need be.

I do agree the price is somewhat high still but its like anything new. I just picked up a new 55 LCD tv this weekend which would have run me 5 grand last year. This year 1600 and the picture is incredible.

Rememeber paying 6 grand for a computer that did squat ?

9. Lite4

So true Billy, technology advances at a blistering pace these days.

10. Pro-Scapes

Yup it was outdated before I bought it. 600htz tv's are out now. Almost bought one but decided it would be outdated next month anyways