10 years in minnesota?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Budlightshooter, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Budlightshooter

Budlightshooter LawnSite Member

Plant Material Warranty
    All materials and workmanship are guaranteed 12 months from installation, excluding sod, annuals and groundcovers.
    Hardscape Warranty
    All materials are guaranteed under the manufacturer's warranty and workmanship is guaranteed 5 years from installation.
    Brick Paving Warranty
    All materials are guaranteed under the manufacturer's warranty and workmanship is guaranteed 10 years from installation.
    Water Feature Warranty
    All materials are guaranteed under the manufacturer's warranty and workmanship is guaranteed 12 months from installation, contingent upon proper system winterization, start up and maintenance.
    Landscape Lighting Warranty
    All materials are guaranteed under the manufacturer's warranty and workmanship is guaranteed 36 months from installation

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Worked well for Chrysler.

3. shovelracer

shovelracer LawnSite Silver Member

It means nothing if it is not backed. All too often I see very vague descriptions in warranties much like above. Too much open to interpretation.

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

It's just as important to have what is not included or how many times the warranty can be used. If the same plant dies ten times will you keep replacing it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

No I won't as I'm not in Minnosota...

6. Budlightshooter

Budlightshooter LawnSite Member

That was taken off an competitors website. I was just amazed that someone would go to that length, and in a climate that frost levels are changing year after year.....This year i bet we have an inch due to the snow cover, other years i bet 2 ft. I know if a patio is done right, shouldnt worry but for 10 years have this hanging over your head?

So we will see how long he stays or what he actually owns up to it.

7. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

What is difference between Hardscape warranty and brick paving warranty?

8. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

He must feel pretty confident about the type of work he does.

9. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

He may have a construction background and learned bad habits. A lot of the construction company's rename themselves every 5 years or so to dodge warranties.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. MexicanAmerican1

MexicanAmerican1 LawnSite Member

Ten years is long time man.