10 years of wishing came true, a walker ghs showed up

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Itsgottobegreen, May 5, 2008.

1. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well I got out of the mowing business, except for a few really good customers. Well I was suppost to buy a hustler to replace my ZD-28s I got rid of to cut my lawns and 5 customers. Well my dealer sells walker, ferris, grasshopper, encore, hustler, etc. I just kept looking at a walker mower while buying a hustler. And kept saying, I have wanted one since I was 12 when I was getting started in this business. Well my sales guy made me a deal I couldn't refuse, then got me 0% for 36 months. So I bought a walker.

So coming soon a MT GHS 26efi, 48" GHS deck, 62" SD deck, curb jump and speed up kit. It should be here friday. I still can't belive I what I spend on a mower to cut 5 lawns a week. ARGH!!!!:cry:

2. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

money well spent my friend, you are going to love your new mower!

3. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

how much do the 5 lawns gross?

4. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I'm sure you will get some people requesting your services when they see you cut with a Walker.

5. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I'm not sure about that, the price of a new walker for only his and 5 other lawns ... it seems like an argument could be made as to possibly money unwisely spent !! But hey, who knows ??

6. Itsgottobegreen

Just enought to cover the payments and fuel. Oh well. We all know what a walker does. It creates new high end customers with its cut.

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

I bought one myself this year and love it. By far the best mower i have used to date. This thing goes through everything...wet grass is no longer a problem. Just watch the sticks and twigs because they clog the blower housing. Good luck with the machine you will love it.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, that mower is gonna make you want to get back into mowing full time lol.

9. MortonLawn

MortonLawn LawnSite Senior Member

money well spent as in it's a VERY good mower, That mower will pay for itself and more when he gets call after call for his service. I have nothing but good things to say after I bought my walker.

10. Itsgottobegreen

I am half temped to cut a few peoples lawns in town I know for free, because they are on high traffic roads. Because the work will just roll in. But then again I wanted to get out of this business. But I can say I am the only guy in my town with one.